Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 20--Last Week in the MTC

Hey Everybody!!

This week has gone by so fast! I just have 2 more days in the MTC, and then I'm out of here and in the field!! I honestly can't wait! Wednesday morning, we are taken to the Mission home and the 5 of us serving in Accra will be able to meet the Mission President! I can't explain how excited I am to meet President and Sister Judd. There is a picture of them here in the MTC, and I can truly feel their spirit by just looking at them!

I had an interesting experience with the food this last week..  On tuesday, as my companion and I were getting ready to go to lunch, I said a quick prayer that I would be able to eat the food, and that my mind would allow me not to be so picky about it. I also remembered asking all of you to pray for me.. I felt your prayers.. and I can't explain the feeling, but I was all of a sudden hungry! I wanted to eat! and the food seemed appealing to me. Ever since this last Tuesday, I have not been worrying about the food here in the MTC. I don't think as a big old fish head on my plate as something disgusting. I am so thankful for the answered prayer, and I hope that same blessing will be with me when I go out in the field! But thank you for your prayers, and even though it was something silly like me being able to eat the food, it was a blessing. So thank you all.. :)

I love all the boys here. They are so amazing. I'm slowly getting better at understanding their African-English! Haha I'm trying to learn it too! I now pronounce wonderful "wondafoo".  All of the Africans wash their clothes by hand, even though we have some ladies that do our laundry, and they said that I better get used to doing it as well. I actually enjoy doing it! It makes me feel... cool. They also love to sing! Holy cow! from 6 in the morning to 10:30 at night, any chance they get, they are singing! They love when the white boys sing. Especially when I do my Chevy Chase voice from 3 Amigos. 

I just showed the boys those pictures of my long hair, and they laughed a lot! I am going to miss them all so much. There are quite a few of them that are leaving Tuesday night (My companion being one of them) and I know that will be a very lonely and sad night for all of us. We are so close, cause we're such a small group. I have made an amazing friend from Utah! We met some of his family at the airport, his name is Elder Tribe, and he is so funny! We will be friends after the mission for sure. The Africans don't understand my humor... I will say something that I think is funny.. and I get a bunch of Black people staring at me like.. whaaaaatt? I love it! Makes me laugh at least. 

I can't tell you how much I've learned since I've been out here! I would have been completely lost without the information I have learned here in the MTC, and I feel so blessed to have had such great teachers and such a great facility.

My e-mails should be much more exciting starting next week! But know I love you my dear Family. I pray for you every night and morning. I ask that you pray for me and my companion as well.. Pray for the people we will be coming in contact with, that they will be able to recognize the Spirit. I am so thankful for all of you. For teaching me, and helping me become the kid I am today.  

Love you with my whole heart, and my soul, and my feelings. too.

Elder Bradley-ski

 P.S. Shaunski, your e-mail made me cry. I bet if I had the opportunity to drink some chocolate milk out here, it wouldn't taste the same either! I miss your cute face and sweet hugs. Love you. 

P.S.S. Shelb, Keep studying The Last Airbender. It will bless your life. I know.. cause it has blessed mine. Love you and Jeffery and Jaxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment